Who We have Supported ... so far ...
This is still early days for Thanks for the Memory and in its first year we put on a series of concerts with most of our audiences coming from older groups and often many with dementia. This has had a real impact on them evoking past times and happy memories.
During 2014 we supported the Alzheimer’s Society and in addition we raised funds for theNantwich Museum Dementia Friendship Group.
This friendly group of people living with dementia and their carers/family/friends, meets at Nantwich Museum on the first Monday of each month from 2pm. Thanks for the Memory raised the money for them to buy a complete sound system which plays records (78’s 33, & 45’s) tapes, CDs and MP3. This system is used in the meetings providing atmosphere and memory moments for many of the participants.
Follow this link for a short film about the group:
In 2015 – we raised money for an artist to work with the group and again for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Later in 2015 we put on Variety Show which raised money to buy a sound system for the Dingle Centre in Winsford, and again for the Alzheimers Society
In 2016 we raised money for Congleton Museum to also buy a sound system and also for the Alzheimers Society.
In 2017 we devoted our concert to raising money for the Alzheimers Society.
What You can DO:
- Promote this idea to get more people putting on Memory Moments: tweet, link, email and talk about – make it happen!
- Put a link on your website back to ours
- Send us information if you could put on an event or help create a Memory Moment. Are you a band, choir, photographer, local or national organisation who can help it to happen?
- Send us a (very) short profile with a logo and link if your organisation provides support
- Sponsor an event – tell us and we will ensure you are recognised here. This is NOT a commercial venture but we recognise that it will need commercial support to happen
- Short articles – send it in if you have one and we can put it on the website with links and recognition of sources
- Circulate this flyer via email:
Thanks for the Memory Introduction (225 KB)
This website is a resource which can and will evolve with your support.
Do something today and support Thanks for the Memory!