Its Strange. We live our lives forwards, but lose our memories backwards.
We start to forget what we did yesterday, just now and what we have planned for tomorrow. but the far past stays with us and can be evoked through an event, music or something familiar happening.
Thanks for the Memory uses the power of music to create ‘Memory Moments’ to help those living with memory loss or dementia and to help their families.
We aim to:
- Promote memorable and enjoyable events to bring back memories for those attending
- Raise awareness of the issues families face caring for those living with dementia
- Create links to organisations who provide support and resources
- Offer a platform to promote events
- Provide information on organisations who can put on local events
We launched with an inaugural event at Cranage Hall, Cheshire on May 11th 2014 and have continued with every year since then.
If you want to run and promote your own ‘Memory Moment’please let us know and we will post it here on this website.